The Faculty Club, located at 3450 McTavish Street, serves as the social centre for the University faculty and staff community. The Club provides a lounge, reading room, writing room, dining room, snack and bar facilities and hosts a series of special events throughout the year.
Private dining and meeting rooms are available to members and their friends for luncheons, dinners, meetings, receptions and weddings.
The Faculty Club was established in 1923 with the assistance of the Board of Governors. Its first premises were located on University Street and several of the academic staff became members. In 1935 the club moved to its present location in the Baumgarten House on McTavish Street, former home of Sir Arthur Currie. At this time, membership was expanded to include women. Until the 1960s, a few of the male staff members lived in the Club. In the 1970's, many non-academic staff became eligible for membership.